Boating Safety Tips
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Boating Safety and other Boat topics.
What are some boating safety tips?
Boating safety is the most important aspect of operating any water vessel. Boaters should adhere to the following boating safety tips each time they use a boat or personal watercraft.
- Always use a life jacket.
- Never use alcohol or allow passengers to use alcohol.
- Complete a boating safety course and obtain a boat safety certification.
- Follow your boat's weight recommendations. Do not overload your boat!
- Become familiar with the navigational rules and guidelines for your area.
- Continuously search the water for hidden or submerged water hazards, including logs and low water areas.
- Operate your boat at a safe speed.
- Be aware of the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.