How To Buy Ski Boats
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Watersport Boats and other Boat topics.
What should I know about buying a ski boat?
Before you head out to shop for ski boats, you may want to do a little research. Whether you are shopping at a dealership, an on-line auction, or purchasing a used power boat or ski boat from an individual seller, it pays to understand that there can be quite a big difference from one ski boat to another. Consider the following features:
- Engine Differences-Ski boats can be outboards, inboards, inboard/outboards, or v-drives. While inboards are probably most often associated with ski boats, the v-drive offers several positive options, including an under the boat propeller and no bow rise.
- Seating-How many passengers will you typically carry in the ski boat? Don't exceed the maximum weight capacity.
- Function-You can find boats that are strictly considered ski boats, or you can look for a fish and ski boat, which often has fishing accessories, such as pedestal seats, etc.
- Money-Before you shell out any money, consider the extras you may have to buy, such as life jackets, insurance, etc.
- Survey-You can have the boat inspected and a boating survey taken for your own piece of mind and, if necessary, for your insurance company.