How to Buy Used Sail Boats
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sailboats and other Boat topics.
How do I buy used sail boats?
Some people put off buying a used sail boat because they are afraid they'll make a mistake in their choice. Learning how to buy a used sail boat is much like learning how to buy a used car.
- Research-Do your homework. Decide what you want before you begin searching. You'll need to understand the different types of boats before you can make an informed decision on a used sail boat.
- Uses-Decide how your boat will be used. Are you a Sunday afternoon lake cruiser, or do you want to venture out for several days on the open seas?
- Budget-As you create your budget, keep in mind that there may be additional expenses, such as boating licenses, insurance, and accessories, like sails, lines, life jackets, etc. that you'll need to purchase.
- Internet-The Internet can get you started. You can watch boat sales at on-line auctions. This will give you and idea of what sail boats are selling for.
- Brokers-Not brave enough to search for a boat on your own? Don't worry. There are plenty of boat brokers just waiting to help you out. Check for local dealers on-line or visit your local marina.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.